Safety & Quality for Best Possible Results
Do you suspect your dog may be pregnant? Is your cat expecting kittens soon? Are you looking to breed your pet but aren’t sure where to begin? Whatever the reason, East Side Animal Hospital is here to safely and successfully help you and your pet through the entire reproductive process from start to finish. We are happy to provide you with any service from beginner’s advice to advanced breeding guidance and procedures. As with any pet health care or animal well-being matter, we highly recommend that you consult with our veterinarians before taking the initials steps to breeding your pet. Our veterinary reproductive medicine staff can offer imperative educational counseling to ensure quality control and better results for all parties involved, without compromising the health of your companion animal or the health of his or her offspring.
Once you have decided on a safe and secure reproductive plan for your pet, we can provide full-service, in-house reproductive medicine procedures to meet any of your customized needs.
- Vaginal cytology, progesterone, and LH testing to help determine optimal fertility and ovulation timing
- Artificial animal insemination—If you choose to use fresh semen for immediate use rather than chilled or frozen semen, both male and female must be on site at the same time, whereas chilled sperm may live up to a maximum of 5 to 10 days
- Semen collection
- Pregnancy monitoring
- Pet pregnancy ultrasound
- Delivery and C-section as needed
- Neonatal care
- Screening method to assess and predict canine hip dysplasia
- OFA (Orthopedic Foundation for Animals) certified guidance—Reduces the risk of genetic diseases